Saturday, May 08, 2004

25th April - I played Cumbrae Cottage by Eric Rice (see my previous posting), before the service. During the offering I played an organ arrangement of "O Master let me walk with thee", by John Barr (from Church windows : a suite for organ).

The outgoing voluntary was the March from Aida, by Verdi.

2nd May - before the service you heard Marche Romaine, by Gounod, and Elevation, by Boellmann. Then I played "The dark island" as the choir came in.

The offering was John Williams' Schindler's list theme, and the outgoing voluntary was by popular juvenile request - the Star Wars theme, again by John Williams.

9th May - it hasn't even happened yet! Prepare yourselves to sing "Daniel was a man of prayer". We started it last week - but that was just the beginning. Tomorrow's service is a youth service, so here's hoping it all goes triumphantly well.

No comments: