Thursday, May 20, 2004

16th May - before the service, you heard Solemn melody by Walford Davies. During the offering, it was Nessun dorma, by Puccini. You went out (believe it or not) to Jurassic Park, by John Williams. Never let it be said that I don't try to reach out to the younger members of the congregation.

Talking of whom ... my profound apologies to anyone that my youngest son barged into after worship last Sunday. He is told, repeatedly, not to run and shout when grown-ups are about. I am very sorry that two ladies found it necessary to comment on his appalling manners, which obviously reflect badly on me and on his upbringing. And I can only promise that I will continue to teach him better manners - as I do, though some must find it hard to believe. I'll warn his brothers to try to calm him down if he appears too over-excited. You will appreciate that until I have tidied up my music and closed the organ, I can't be there in the corridor to keep an eye on him.

No comments: