Saturday, October 11, 2003

Only hours later, and I'm back! I thought I'd post the list of choral contributions from next week until the 23rd November. (After that, it's time for Advent and Christmas - yes, I'm thinking about it already.)

So, here goes:-

19 October
Introit Songs of God’s People 19, v.1 Christ be beside me
Anthem CAB 60 p.293 O Lord my God to Thee ; Arcadelt
This anthem is a special favourite of mine!
Rec SGP 62 v.1 Lead us, O Father, in the paths of peace

26 October
Introit SGP 107 v.2 Though we pass through tribulation
Anthem SFP 1E Blessed is the man
Rec SGP 29 v.4 You, creator God, have written

2 November
Introit CG 51 v.1 How can I keep from singing
Anthem Babylon’s fall ; John Beaumont, pre-1813
(found copied into an old Dundee manuscript, presumably from a printed book)
Rec SPF 126 When the Lord He turned again

9 November (Remembrance)
Introit CG 71 v.3 With the healing of division
Anthem CG 141 What shall we pray
Rec Abide with me ; Hogan

16 November (Youth)
Introit CG 21 Christ be our light
Anthem God’s gonna set this world on fire ; Hogan
Rec CG 112 Sing to God with gladness

23 November
Introit AB 79 O that Thou had hearkened ; Gounod
Anthem CG 95 O Lord the clouds are gathering
Rec CG 133 Today I awake

No comments: