Sunday, June 27, 2004

On Sunday 13th June, I was at a conference in Dublin. I did think of you all!

Last week, 20th June, I confess to playing to the gallery. With Sunday School Prizegiving, I wanted the music to be (as far as possible) recogniseable to the kids as well as the adults.

Did I succeed? Before the service I played "Trumpet tune" by Charpentier (quite often played at weddings), then the Jurassic Park theme by John Williams.

The offering was collected as I played a Pastoral dance on "Simple gifts", by Andrew Clarke - a recent acquisition.

You went out to the Raider's March, from Raiders of the Lost Ark, again by John Williams. And my son's non-church-going friend commented that he recognised the music, so I must have scored there.

This week - watch this space - I've promised to be more conventional, for those that didn't like the Raider's March!

No comments: