Sunday, February 22, 2004

Well, folks, Thinking Day was an upbeat, bouncy, very successful service, wasn't it? The band was great, as ever, and my special thanks to Jenny and Valerie for their extra flute contributions to the choir anthem and recessional. It seems to have gone down very well.

In my organ music this morning, I was unashamedly influenced by showbiz. I reckoned that if we had visitors who didn't often come to Killermont, then I'd make sure they recognised most of what I played. So - you heard:-

Before the service : the Schindler's List theme, then 'Colours of the wind' from Pocahontas (which I hope the Brownies and Guides recognised!), and finally 'Jupiter' from Holst's The Planets.

I played from Les miserables during the offering, and you went out to Camptown Gallop, by Judith Bailey.

The band will be leading worship next Sunday evening (29th February). And it's the Choir's 'turn' to lead worship at the evening service on 28th March. We've got some nice pieces lined up for you, and I shall plan the hymns in the next few days.

Choir members - I mentioned to a few of you that we won't be having a rehearsal on Thursday 18th March. We're well ahead in our rehearsals, so a night off shouldn't make any difference to our habitually stunning performances!

No comments: