Sunday, February 29, 2004

Being Communion today, I went back to the more usual classical repertoire. Before the first service, I played Trumpet tune by Charpentier, and Andantino in G minor, by Cesar Franck. Giazotto's arrangement of the Albinoni Adagio was played during communion, and you went out to The arrival of the Queen of Sheba, by Handel.

Before the 2nd service, I played the Franck Andantino again. Elgar's Nimrod, and the Aria from Bach's Goldberg Variations, were played during communion, and the Queen of Sheba was back again at the end of the service.

A quick reminder to Choir members - we rehearse as usual on Thursday 4th and Thursday 11th March, but there will be no rehearsal on Thursday 18th March.

Out of curiosity - who knows the old hymn, "O happy band of pilgrims", from the Revised Church Hymnary. No point in my being kind and using this hymn in the evening service on March 28th unless enough folk remember and enjoy it!!

Is anyone out there reading this? Email me and let me know!!

Karen McA

No comments: