Sunday, October 03, 2004

BB Enrolment - what a crowd!
The boys were there, the band was there - wasn't it great to have a "full house" for morning worship?

Trying to have an "upbeat" kind of atmosphere, I tried to make my organ contributions triumphal in mood.

Before the service, you heard "Judex", by Gounod. That was followed by "Bourree" (Praetorius), and then a couple of trumpet pieces - Trumpet Tune (Purcell) and Trumpet Voluntary (Clarke).

Once the Choir, Saxophones and percussion had performed the Recessional - O when the Saints (thanks, everyone!) - I played the same thing as an organ voluntary. To calm things down after that, you heard "Jupiter", by Gustav Holst. I love that piece!

We're not finished for today - don't forget the Band is playing at tonight's evening worship. I heard them practising some interesting songs, after the service this morning.

We were all reminded today, of just how lucky we are, with our computers and mobile phones and computer games. And Alan mentioned child poverty, and some startling statistics from Tear Fund, just before the end of the service. So I thought you might like to find out some more about Tear Fund.

Advance call!! The morning of November 7th is another Killermont All Age Service. I need cellists! If I know about you, I'll contact you. If you play cello or double bass, and think I might not know, please get in touch. Email Karenmca@april87.fsnet.co.uk Many thanks!

No comments: