Saturday, September 18, 2004

Here's a quick summary of recent organ music at Killermont, Bearsden:

29 August 2004 : Pastoral dance on "Simple gifts", by A. Clarke; Prelude in blue, by Blinko; Soul song, by A. Fletcher. On the way out, the kids were treated to Jurassic Park, by Williams, then I played "Rejoice in the Lord", by Purcell - just to redress the balance!

5 September 2004: Agnus Dei, by Faure; Pavane, by Drayton; Solemn Procession, by Lloyd Webber - father of Andrew and Julian. Lascia ch'io pianga, by Handel (during the offering), and a Fanfare by Eldridge at the end of the service.

12th September 2004 (Communion Sunday) - 1st service: Finlandia, by Sibelius; Solemn Melody, by Walford Davies; Panis angelicus, by Franck. During Communion I played Barber's Adagio, and Nun danket (Bach, arranged by Rawsthorne) played you out.
2nd service: Jupiter, from the Planets, by Holst; during Communion you heard Franck's Andantino in E major and Prelude in B minor; at the end of the service I played Benedictus, by John Marsh.

Please remember my father in your prayers - he's in the Norwich BUPA hospital, having had a complex hernia operation. I played the Franck pieces because Franck is one of my francophile Dad's favourite composers.

And tomorrow is Harvest. Now, what shall I play ....?

No comments: