Sunday, March 21, 2004

Oh dear, I see that I forgot to post what I played last week. So, here goes:-

On 14th March, you heard Pachelbel's Canon before the service, Handel's Largo during the offering, and a Rondeau by Purcell on the way out.

Today, being Mothering Sunday, I scratched my head trying to think of something appropriate to play. But when I arrived at church this morning, I found everyone sweeping up broken glass after a nocturnal attack by vandals. So, before the service I played two Negro spirituals: Oh Lord, what a morning, and Nobody knows the trouble I've seen. Then, determined to get mothers in somehow, I played Schubert's Ave Maria.

During the offering, I played part of Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade, and because there was a meeting after the service, I just played a short outgoing voluntary - Courante, by Praetorius.

You won't forget to come to the special Lenten service at Killermont next Sunday evening, will you? 6.30 pm, Killermont Parish Church, Bearsden, Glasgow. See you there!

No comments: