Sunday, November 23, 2003

Well, did you make it to our Celtic Praise? I felt it went quite well, didn't you? My grateful thanks to everyone who participated in any way in making the event such a success. (We have every reason to be grateful to Rev John Bell of the Iona Community, too - he's one of the guiding lights behind Common Ground. Click on this link to read more about him.)

Incidentally, I was gently scolded for not including any Welsh Celtic music, so maybe one day my choice of music might just reflect my own half-Welsh background ... Because I know I'm not alone in Killermont!

What next? Advent begins next Sunday. How can it have crept up on us so fast? (I tell you, I had a nightmare the other day - it was Christmas morning already, and Santa had nothing for the stockings ...!)

For anyone keen to know what the choir will be singing, I'm helpfully posting our "menu" for December:-

KILLERMONT ADVENT 2O03

30 November : 1st Sunday in Advent & card Communion

Introit CFC 35 p.162 Whence is that goodly fragrance (v.1 & 3)
Anthem CFC 39 p.182 The angels and the shepherds
Recess CG 28 v.2 Hear the herald’s proclamation

7 December 2nd Sun in Advent : Bible Sunday & Baptism

Introit Archer p.8 Balulalow : My Jesus ; Malcolm Archer
Anthem Archer p.9 Hush my dear, lie still ; Malcolm Archer
Recess Archer p.8 Balulalow : No, I will never cease my praise

14 December : 3rd Sun in Advent & Gift Service

Introit SGP 45 How lovely on the mountains
Anthem CFC 49 page 212 Patapan ; arr. Jacques
Recess Beside Thy cradle here I stand

21 December 4th Sun in Advent

Introit CH3 194 v.1 Love came down at Christmas
Anthem Archer p.43 The Virgin’s lullaby ; Malcolm Archer
Recess SGP 8 Hallelujah, my Father

Lessons & Carols (evening) - miss this at your peril! It's going to be great!

Introit Archer p.20 Lute book lullaby ; Malcolm Archer
Carol 1 CFC 6 p.16 Nativity carol ; John Rutter
Carol 2 CFC 28 p.123 The shepherds’ cradle song ; Leuner
Carol 3 Archer p.6 Away in a manger (children v.1)
Carol 4 Archer p.31 Once in Royal David’s city (children v.1)
Carol 5 CFC 25 p.107 Sans Day carol ; arr. John Rutter
Recess Messiah . And the Glory of the Lord ; Handel

Congregational items as follows:-

Hymn 1 CH3 165 O come, O come Emmanuel (v.1 choir)
Hymn 2 CH3 170 It came upon the midnight clear
Hymn 3 CH3 176 Still the night, holy the night (with descant)
Hymn 4 CH3 191 O come all ye faithful (with descant)

24 December Watchnight

25 December Christmas

28 December

Introit CFC 4 p.12 All my heart this night rejoices
Anthem Archer p.22 Mary had a baby
Recess CFC 4 p.12 [verse 3] Come then, let us hasten

No comments: